Where’s the Where?
Welcome to the first “Behind the Scenes” episode of “e-travels with e. trules”, a twice a month feature of the podcast, where I will be speaking to friends, colleagues, fellow podcasters and travelers around the world…. in between my monthly scripted shows.
My first guest is my producer, Harry Duran, host of “Podcast Junkies”. Harry has been my podcast guru and guide through this new art form for me, and after meeting him by “accident and incident” at the LA Podcast Festival this Fall, he has helped me condense, consolidate, and re-design my web presence, upload, download, and launch my podcast, and generally welcome me to the international podcast community of podcasting, which is quite a friendly and supportive one, even for an old curmudgeon like me.
Enjoy and Happy Trails…..
In This Episode
- 0:00 – Weekly Intro with music by Amanda Yamate
- 0:26 – Welcome with subscriber acknowledgements
- 2:16 – Introduction of Harry Duran
- 4:01 – Harry’s background and what brought him to podcasting
- 5:58 – Trules talks about being new to the podcasting field, and the LA Podcasting Festival, where he met Duran
- 8:15 – HD talks about “the nature of the podcast community”, Podcast Movement, and hanging out with your “tribe”
- 9:41 – Trules talks about the podcasting “sense of community”
- 11:35 – HD on LA podcast “meet ups” for help and inspiration
- 12:30 – Trules on the similarity between solo shows in the theater and doing your own podcast
- 13:55 – Duran on podcasting being like a “theater of the mind” and the “ins and outs” of the e-travels production team and studio
- 14:55 – Trules on the metaphor of teaching being like gardening, “planting seeds”
- 15:24 – Trules tells the story of “Ripples in the Pond”, about the life-saving effect of Frank Capra’s film, “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- 17:36 – Trules answers Duran’s question about his inspiration for the podcast, how stories “connect us all…. around our big, beautiful, and problematic planet”
- 19:20 – Harry Duran takes the first ever, “Trules Travel Quiz”
- 24:08 – the wrap up, followed by weekly outro with credits
Support the Podcast
Please subscribe, rate, and review the Podcast on iTunes, by clicking the iTunes logo on the top right of this page. It really helps establish the podcast with Apple. Thanks so much!
Any trouble navigating iTunes? Please go HERE for an easy-to follow VIDEO.
As you might imagine, putting on a biweekly podcast of this caliber, with original music and sound design, really depends on the support of our community of listeners. If you feel so inclined, or you know anybody who would like to support the podcast, we would sincerely appreciate it. Here is the link to donate.
And contact Trules with any questions or comments, and to ask to join him on “Behind the Scenes”.
Sound design by Alysha Bermudez.
Music composed by Amanda Yamate.
Produced by Harry Duran at FullCast.
Supported by a USC Capstone Grant, with special thanks to Professor Phil Allen, Director of the Sound Design Program at USC’s School of Dramatic Arts.