- Mark EagleFebruary 4, 2018 by Tallmarkone from United States
e-travels with e. trules is a very informative and entertaining podcast about Mr. Trules travels across our planet over the past many years. But it's more than just that. It's also about his life beginning in New York and how he created a life for himself, his wife and now their adopted son in the Echo Park section of Los Angeles. What's especially enjoyable about his accounts of his life is not just what's going on in the present but also the historical knowledge he imparts with a sense of humor. He probably remembers Gene Shepard from many many years ago on WOR A.M. Radio in New York City and I as a young child back then would listen to him on the equivalent of podcasts back then. Younger people may recall the movie "A Christmas Story" and the famous saying about not getting a Bebe gun because he will shoot his eye out. Well that was written by and voice overhead by Gene Shepard. Mr. Trules has a similar ability to tell a good story and to do so in such a way as to bring you right there. I only recently discovered podcasts and this has got to be one of the best ones out there!
- Great show, if you love travel, you will love thisJuly 5, 2017 by Young free and coupled from United Kingdom
Well worth a sub, DO IT NOW, i did!
- A mind-expanding guide of the worldJune 30, 2017 by Keltonboy1755 from United States
Listen to this podcast and the man who makes it. He will rekindle your desire for adventure, knowledge, and just maybe teach you how to catch a ride on the train of opportunity.
- A truly unique travel podcastMay 27, 2017 by fevkalade11 from United States
I love travel and foreign cultures, and it was great to find a podcast that adds an entertaining, offbeat angle to a genre that can quickly become stale. Highly recommended.
- Amazing!May 9, 2017 by Karileed from United States
If you love travel you will certainly love this podcast! Eric is an amazing story teller and he will transport you to another world every time. I definitely recommend this podcast to all travel lovers.
- Impressive and addicting!February 14, 2017 by JenniferRendel12 from United States
This podcast transports me evey episode to a entertaining adventure that lets me leave my current reality and allows me to see this crazy world as told by the euthusiastic, talented, and engaging storyteller, Eric Trules. I find his travel stories enlightening and very relaxing to sit back and listen to. Besides Trules mastery of telling his stories, the podcast is well-produced with excellent audio and sounds that help in making this such an addictive listen. Can't wait for more!
- Love and the Devil's NoseFebruary 10, 2017 by Angelesgirl from United States
This was a delightful and entertaining narrative. I tuned in thinking it was a podcast about one of Eric's wild travels only to find out that this was a piece about marriage, and a damned good one at that.
- Crafted with a love of travelFebruary 6, 2017 by jinki1 from United States
Love the story telling aspect of the early episodes: the score, the performance. It's really engaging. As a podcaster, I love the behind the scenes episodes as well. Looking forward to where this show will go!
- An auditory treatJanuary 30, 2017 by phillytonicaragua from United States
Trules' voice and the sound design make E-travels with E-trules a lovely soundtrack when working. His stories will transport you to another world while you tap away at your cubicle. I hope he post more and more often! Highly recommend.
- Truley GreatJanuary 19, 2017 by Rain17 from United States
Love the interplay between discovering new places in the world that are ancient and making new personal discoveries. Yes, he's crazy to be taking some of these trips, but what else is new? He's being truly Trules. His inner clown is always smiling. Thanks a bunch. Mark Berger and Rain Worthington
- An aural E-ventureJanuary 8, 2017 by Soulfulwon from United States
A great listen. Transported me. Looking forward to more!
- This show rocks!January 2, 2017 by craigcbrown from United States
I love it! 5+
- The VoiceDecember 20, 2016 by TravelwithGrace from United Kingdom
I was lucky enough to be in Echo Park, Los Angeles this November and heard some of Eric's podcasts before they were even available on itunes. He has the perfect pitch and tone of the seasoned traveller and raconteur, I slipped comfortably away and was lost in distant lands and times.
- Storytelling at its finestDecember 20, 2016 by i save a lot from United States
A real treat to hear Eric's voice among hoards of podcasts out there. His point-of-view, cadence, and energy makes for trascendent listening. LOVE it!
- Got Me Yearning to Backpack AgainDecember 15, 2016 by Speaking247 from United States
Trules has such a great radio voice. Truly enjoyed the podcast, as it got me yearning to backpack again. Really high-quality production, with great music (and I dig the whistling at the end).
- Wonderful storytelling from an incredible, iconoclastic, ramblin professor.December 12, 2016 by Trevor M Davis from United States
Eric Trules is a natural born storyteller. He also happens to be an ever-searching, wonderfully curious, thoughtful and profound individual, with a unique perspective on the wide world -- a world which he's circumnavigated far more than I could even imagine. Though, after listening to his podcast, it's inspiring me to attempt to catch up someday and ramp up the timeline on my exploration of this mysterious, beautiful world. As much as the travel adventures are wonderful to hear on their own though, the real treasure here comes in his thoughtful reflection on humanity in its many garments and idiosyncracies. He certainly could have been a cultural anthropologist if he didn't become a theatre professor...but I'm glad he went toward the stage; now we get the benefits of his runminations on humanity through the vessel of a uniquely gifted, entertaining storyteller. I've seen him perform many times, but this podcast is a great reminder of how much character and warmth his voice carries with every phrase as a trained performer. Trules is a cultural treasure, and I can't wait to hear more installments of this powerful travelogue.
- Tules trancends travel triumphantlyDecember 12, 2016 by gijjiu from United States
The podcast is a delightful medley of travel, history, and Trules! His voice over the music and sound makes it easy to picture the fantastic stories.
- Deeply ImmersingDecember 9, 2016 by Billyhc from United States
The storytelling is as hypnotic as the music.
- If you love traveling, this is your jam!December 6, 2016 by MMMMM12345MMMMM from United States
For those who love traveling but don't get to do so as often as you wish, this is the go-to podcast!
- Great Podcast!December 5, 2016 by SirScottMullin from United States
Eric creates a sense of place like no one else. I felt like I was right there alongside him on all these amazing journeys. What an experience!
- Love itDecember 5, 2016 by PouxDawg from United States
Love, love, LOVE this! Inspires me to keep exploring the world with our new little family addition. Great first episode.
- Emerging show!December 5, 2016 by SF1994yes from United States
Trules has a natural knack for storytelling, and exploration. Looking forward to the new show!
- Well-produced, personal insights about the worldDecember 2, 2016 by S. Wedeking from United States
The widely traveled Trules is also a gifted writer, performer and teacher — and this podcast benefits from all those talents
- He tells it "Trully..."December 2, 2016 by MoondogMulv from United States
Trulles is a unique, funny, and intelligent guide in the world of travel, life, and love.
- Rich and Textured StorytellingDecember 1, 2016 by Irma Gerd from United States
Between the music, sound design, and pleasant low rumble of Trules' voice, this is a podcast that will satisfy that craving for a story that lets you live by your mind's eye. In the introduction of the podcast, Trules begins laying down the different stories and inspirations that he has quilted together over his life. From his natural curiosity in history to his appreciation for the unforeseen, you get the sense that Trules has a narrative that bridges his personal discoveries with the shifts the world has undergone throughout his life. I'm looking forward to seeing how these stories flesh out. I can tell that we're in for a treat.
- Great PodcastNovember 30, 2016 by Tucci1776 from United States
Really great and entertaining podcast. Hooks you from the first episode.
- Great Travel PodcastNovember 30, 2016 by PodcastJunkies.com from United States
I'm very impressed with the content in this first episode and can't wait to hear more of Eric's stories.
- Travel for All!November 30, 2016 by deanesullivan18 from United States
I am thrilled that I came upon this podcast. Trules has a wonderful quality for engaging his listeners, and will transcend you from your living room couches to vast corners of the world. The podcast's professional quality, coupled with Trules' creativity and natural skill for storytelling, will keep you coming back for more. It's a must - can't wait for more!
- Impressive and Entertaining!November 29, 2016 by SpeedwayCJ from United States
Based on the promo episode of this show, I've subscribed and am definitely looking forward to more! This podcast is extremely well-produced, with audio that excites and amuses. I love the concept of unique, personal and engaging travel stories from the host's real-life experiences, combined with audio scapes that bring listeners directly into the story. I have a feeling this show will be one to keep an eye on, as it holds a great deal of promise for future success. Can't wait to hear the many places Eric Trules will take us!